There’s a palpable “wow factor” to this home. Surrounded by a sense of pleasure and possibility, the structural roots of this monolithic dome home define its genius. The brainchild of aeronautical engineer Chris Barnes, the dome was built intentionally to be a showplace for modern design, energy efficiency, optimism and individuality.
So many facets of the home inspire and delight — the jaw-dropping spaciousness as one walks in the door; the shimmering sunlight reflecting off the pool and the thrill of swimming in the living room; the beautifully-designed gourmet kitchen where everything has its place in a symphony of clean lines; the pleasure of entertaining in an awe-inspiring space where guests can’t help but pull out their camera phones.
It’s a home for those who are not merely looking for a place to live, but a place to live vividly.
- 23 Ft. High Ceilings
- Remodeled Kitchen
- 29 Ft. Long Indoor Salt Water Pool
- New 3 Person Hot Tub/Spa
- Indoor Waterfalls
- Floor to Ceiling Wine Racks
- Ground Floor Master Bedroom Suite
- 2nd Floor 3-Bedroom Renovation
THE GREAT ROOM
The immaculately maintained two-story dome-shaped home was completed in the early 1980s, yet it has been reimagined from its primary structural roots to a modern showplace with distinctive mid-mod styling. Something that has remained the same is its awe-inspiring architecture and futuristic concept.
The front door is an iconic mid-century greeting, with the juxtaposition of different, and contrasting materials. The light grained wood doors, solid stone border and the sleek lines of the half-circle windows demonstrate the combination of organic and geometric forms that are a staple of mid-century modern design.
From the front door, the entryway opens up into the main monolithic dome: a giant, light-filled, white textured, two-story space containing a great room, an indoor salt water pool, a spiral staircase and a central oculus skylight which invites abundant natural light into the home.
A curved rock column at the center of the home serves as not only a design element but also as a heating and cooling structure. Additionally, the concrete dome provides both storm safety and peaceful quiet.
- 23 Ft. High Ceilings
- 60 Ft. Wide Great Room
- Wall of South-Facing Windows with Electronic Blinds
- Spiral Staircase with Rock Column
- Wood-Burning Fireplace
- George Nelson Bubble Lamps by Herman Miller
- Low-Maintenance 29 Ft. Long Indoor Salt Water Pool with New (2017) Heater
- 3 Person Hot Tub/Spa
- Cushioned Seating Area Around Pool and Built-In Storage
- Full Guest Bathroom Beside Pool with Shower
THE DINING ROOM
Beyond the spiral staircase, follow the honey-hued hardwood hall to a dining room surrounded by built-in bookshelves and a stone wall that stands as a backdrop for both a modernistic waterfall and floor to ceiling wine racks that can house 252 bottles.
Gallery style lighting supplements the Foscarini O-Space Pendant Lamp that takes center stage.
- Foscarini O-Space Pendant Lamp
- Floor to Ceiling Built-In Bookshelves
- Floor to Ceiling Wine Racks by “VintageView”
The newly remodeled kitchen uses ultra-modern design to combine gourmet capability and ergonomic functionality with a reverence for materials.
Graphic use of white and black is enhanced with a soft pop of light green. High gloss cabinets, stainless steel backsplash and new stainless appliances are reflective elements that catch the afternoon light.
- Remodeled Kitchen
- Viking Professional 6-Burner Gas Cooktop
- Viking Professional Refrigerator
- Bosch Microwave, Oven + Dishwasher
- Stainless Steel Backsplash
- Absolute Black Granite Countertops
- Ample Storage Space
- Modular Kohler Sink with Accessories and Sensor Faucet
- High Capacity Cabinetry
- Large Island with Seating
- Built-in Beverage Center
- Attached Laundry Room with Samsung Front-Load Washer + Dryer
- Utility Room with New (2018) 450-gallon Water Heater
- Utility Sink
MAIN FLOOR MASTER
The main floor suite is a serene private chamber and offers a separately heated and cooled space to sleep.
The suite is brilliantly situated with a spacious 5-piece en-suite bath with heated travertine floor. Dual mirrored closets reflects a full wall mural of a 1622 wedding portrait by Frans Hals.
- Main Floor Master Suite
- Spacious 5-Piece En-Suite Bathroom
- Heated Travertine Floor in Bathroom
- Dual Mirrored Closets
- Wall Mural of Painting by Frans Hals
Up the winding stairs clad in rich wood sits a platform hallway that looks down at the open downstairs and the mesmerizing, glasslike surface of the pool.
Textured, white walls envelop three spacious upstairs bedrooms. The rooms are original and futuristic in design, while the curved, dome styling adds a comforting ambiance one craves in a bedchamber.
All three of the upper floor rooms have window seats to soak in the sunlight, as well as ample closet space.
- Professionally Designed Second Floor 3-Bedroom Renovation
- Window Seats
- Versatile, Spacious Rooms with Abundant Closet Space
Revel by the sculptural dome on the walkout back patio and admire a vision of the future.
The large lot is filled with mature trees that provide natural privacy and summer shade.
- 3 Car Garage
- Skylights in Garage
- Mature Landscape
- Walkout Back Patio
- Fully Fenced Back Yard
- Garden Space
- Low Maintenance Xeriscaping in Front Yard
- 1/2 Acre of Open Lawn Space
- Circular Drive with Futuristic Mid-Century Carport
- Exterior Fountain at the Front of Carport
Just off of Arapahoe Road, walking distance to Cherry Creek State Park, this unique monolithic dome home is privately placed in Algonquin Acres.
Life in Algonquin Acres goes hand in hand with convenience. The established neighborhood in South Denver is close to Valley Country Club, a soccer complex, 9-hole golf course, ice arena, family fun center and trails for walking, hiking and biking.
A quick jaunt away are shops, malls, movie theaters and restaurants.
In the coveted Cherry Creek School District, Algonquin Acres is an established and coveted neighborhood in South Denver.
Style: Single Family Home
Square Feet: 4,500
Parking: 3 Garage Parking Spaces